Training and Developing Skills
Driving Change is our paid training programme which offers people an employment contract, and the opportunity to obtain a range of qualifications to prepare them for work in the logistics industry.
The Driving Change trainees work towards a number of transferable and industry specific qualifications, including a Car Licence and the Large Goods Vehicle Class 2 licence. During the Driving Change programme, trainees build up a record of work experience that they can demonstrate to future employers and crucially they build their confidence in the workplace.
Driving Change Trainees receive:
- Salaried position paying the market rate
- Real on the job training - trainees work everyday with real customers and take on real responsibility
- Transferrable skills and qualifications: First Aid, Health & Safety, Manual Handling, Environmental Awareness, Equal Opportunities, Job Search skills, Interview Skills training
- Industry specific training:
- For “Driver Trainees” who already have a car licence: Large Goods Vehicle Class II theory test, practical test, hazard perception test, tachograph training and drivers certificate of professional competence,
- For “Loader Trainees” who do not have a car licence: Car Driving theory test, practical test,
- For all trainees: Choice of specialist training – Fork Lift Truck licences in Counterbalance and Reach, HIAB (vehicle mounted loader crane) or ADR (transporting hazardous goods).
ViPs a flexible programme which offers volunteers, interns, placements and students the opportunity to gain skills and experience in a real work environment. The ViPs programme developed out of informal work placement opportunities that FRC Group has offered since 2006, and throughout the year opportunities were available across all areas of the FRC Group
Because ViPs are at FRC Group for varying amounts of time depending on their needs, we ensure that the work they carry out is not vital to the success of our business, while also making sure it provides meaningful work experience.
The ongoing development of all of our staff at FRC Group is very important to us and we know it is vital to the success of our businesses and campaigns. People are our greatest asset and we believe in giving them opportunities to be the best that they can be. We ensure that all staff are fully trained to carry out their current role and we encourage them to continue to develop themselves by giving them access to high quality training and enriching their jobs where we can.